This picture is from a lazy day we had. I was exhausted and not feeling well and need to take care of a few things, so Josiah got to watch his Cars movie. I didn't realize the ending was so close to nap time. I looked over from my phone conversation and the child was as pictured, fast asleep. Poor child had to put himself to bed for nap!
The other random event happened the other night. Jonathan and I are still puzzled over it. I was getting up for one of my middle-of-the-night bathroom trips, when I looked over and swear I saw Josiah climb into our bed. I really thought I might be dreaming because he hardly ever leaves his bed. He still calls us to come get him in the morning. Sure enough, he left his bed, opened his bedroom door and had crawled up on the bed by himself and was lying there next to Jonathan. He didn't sound really scared, just calmly told us there were fire trucks in his bed. He's stuck with that story the next morning and told me all the details about it. He told Daddy he'd been very brave. I bet he was - it was really dark!
If it had turned into a regular occurrence, we would have had to put a stop to it, but that night we let him sleep us.
No comments:
Post a Comment