Saturday, May 22, 2010

37 Weeks

It struck me the other day that I'm already sorely neglecting this second child, at least on the blog. I'm 37 weeks, and as much as we've known it's coming, I feel very unprepared. Do I have any idea what's about to hit me? I'm so grateful for this precious life growing inside me again, and I'm trying to take moments in the next few weeks to savor that and mentally prepare for the idea of a whole other life that will be entering our family shortly.

A few things I want to remember about this pregnancy:
  • This boy seems to move differently. With Josiah, I don't remember looking at my abdomen and seeing big shifts and limbs moving. He likes leaning into my rib cage like Josiah did though.
  • Food preferences are similar. Orange juice has been the best thing in the world.
  • I remember with the first pregnancy being confused when people told me I should sit down and stay out of the heat and not lift things or look at me pitifully at how uncomfortable I must be. But this pregnancy I can relate to all of that reasoning. I've had more back pain, nothing unbearable, but I know not to overdo certain things or I'll pay for it later. I get overheated more easily, and I start to feel really bad when my blood sugar drops. And I'm way more tired than last time - it might be because I'm chasing after this toddler! I get uncomfortable when I sit or stand for too long. These are all common pregnancy discomforts, but I was never bothered by them during the first pregnancy. I'm definitely not complaining because it's still been a really easy pregnancy comparatively.
  • I've kept exercising, mostly my cycling class and the cybex machine (like an elliptical, but just the legs). I had to stop running early and change the settings of my cycle because it was making me have back pain.
  • My sense of smell has lessened with pregnancy. I've heard of people's senses getting more acute with pregnancy, but never less. It's a little frustrating because I've always been prideful about my sense of smell.
  • Josiah says his baby brother's name is going to be Juice. Juice Black. Juice comes from Uncle Ronnie calling him Juice as a joke. I don't think Josiah likes the nickname very much, so he's trying to pass it off.

1 comment:

Erin said...

yay for baby moseley! :) i still think you should go for thomas ;)