Josiah went to the doctor Tuesday. He weighs 21 lbs. 6 oz. and is 30.5 inches tall, both in the 50 percentile. Blood tests revealed that his iron levels are low, so we'll resume our vitamins, but may have to upgrade to prescription vitamins.
As far as other updates on the little guy, these past few weeks have held lots of transitions. Finessing walking skills, starting cow's milk, mastering a cup, moving the car seat to front facing, eating peanut butter, trying on shoes, starting the weaning process... He also seems to be having some sleep changes. He's been up really early and may be cutting out his morning nap (rats!). I've been having trouble adjusting his schedule, but I'm sure we'll find a rhythm soon. Until recently, he's gone to bed around 7-7:30, waking at 6:30, and naps at 8:30 and 12:30ish.
I've been thinking about his personality lately, as he reaches this milestone. He's a pretty happy, easy-going child. He's fairly social with both adults and other children.
His favorite toys are balls, cars, stuffed dogs and blocks. He really likes this wooden toy tool kit I picked up for him on consignment, as well as any random object he finds around the house (spoon, hair brush, puffs container). He also loves being outside.
Josiah is eating pretty well. He still likes most veggies and all fruits and hasn't really taken to meat yet. Random new food he liked: hummus (thanks Janie for the suggestion)! I know, he's such a hippie. Another big favorite are Alexia's sweet potato fries - easy, healthy and yummy.
He's saying Da-da, Mama, and versions of spoon, done, drink and ball. But most everything is still "da" though it's easy to tell when he's asking a question or wants to have something. He's crazy about his Dad and often goes around looking for him during the day in places he thinks he'll be (office, bedroom, etc.).
He has moments of fussiness, mostly attributable to hunger, sleep or wanting attention. He's responding to discipline pretty well. I only spank his hand when I've clearly and recently labeled something a "no," and he clearly chooses to disobey. Most of the time he responds to the initial no-no. We're trying not to be super-strict: we try to direct good manners and habits, but apply stricter discipline in matters of rebellion (which is more of heart issue). I recently watched 5-year-olds and 2-year-olds in the church nursery and realized the importance of discipline at home.
As far as other updates on the little guy, these past few weeks have held lots of transitions. Finessing walking skills, starting cow's milk, mastering a cup, moving the car seat to front facing, eating peanut butter, trying on shoes, starting the weaning process... He also seems to be having some sleep changes. He's been up really early and may be cutting out his morning nap (rats!). I've been having trouble adjusting his schedule, but I'm sure we'll find a rhythm soon. Until recently, he's gone to bed around 7-7:30, waking at 6:30, and naps at 8:30 and 12:30ish.
I've been thinking about his personality lately, as he reaches this milestone. He's a pretty happy, easy-going child. He's fairly social with both adults and other children.
His favorite toys are balls, cars, stuffed dogs and blocks. He really likes this wooden toy tool kit I picked up for him on consignment, as well as any random object he finds around the house (spoon, hair brush, puffs container). He also loves being outside.
Josiah is eating pretty well. He still likes most veggies and all fruits and hasn't really taken to meat yet. Random new food he liked: hummus (thanks Janie for the suggestion)! I know, he's such a hippie. Another big favorite are Alexia's sweet potato fries - easy, healthy and yummy.
He's saying Da-da, Mama, and versions of spoon, done, drink and ball. But most everything is still "da" though it's easy to tell when he's asking a question or wants to have something. He's crazy about his Dad and often goes around looking for him during the day in places he thinks he'll be (office, bedroom, etc.).
He has moments of fussiness, mostly attributable to hunger, sleep or wanting attention. He's responding to discipline pretty well. I only spank his hand when I've clearly and recently labeled something a "no," and he clearly chooses to disobey. Most of the time he responds to the initial no-no. We're trying not to be super-strict: we try to direct good manners and habits, but apply stricter discipline in matters of rebellion (which is more of heart issue). I recently watched 5-year-olds and 2-year-olds in the church nursery and realized the importance of discipline at home.
1 comment:
Yes, the boy is a good little friend. We have a lot of fun together.
I'm looking forward to less "Da!" and more actual words, but it's probably our own fault. We look where he's pointing and we understand what he's trying to say, even though he doesn't use the right term.
Post a Comment