We had Josiah dedicated at church on Sunday. It took us a long time because we wanted to join the church first, and then we had to attend a class, so doing all that with Jonathan's schedule took an entire year.

A few family pictures before the service.

We didn't get a picture of the actual service, so here's the run-down. The Church at Brook Hills has a separate service for baby dedications. It's mostly just family members there. They had a brief sermon, a song and then they called each family down to pray for them individually.

Josiah stood out a little because he was definitely the oldest child there and the only one not wearing a dress (or at least all white).

Getting some Mimi-love.
Granddady and Mama Jo also came, but I forgot to get a picture with them. Bummer!

Checking out the plants

At the cake-and-punch reception afterward

I do love our church down here, but I must say I prefer Providence's Baby Dedications. I like that they're in front of the entire church family and that the parents publicly vow their commitment to raise their child to the Lord. I did enjoy the personal prayer at Brook Hills, but it was a challenge to concentrate. Not only do you have your child with you, but everyone has their child, plus siblings, cousins, etc., who are all getting a little antsy during a 45-minute service.
All in all it's an outward sign of our commitment and that's what counts!
2 comments:
He is such a cutie!
The reason Josiah stood out was because he was the cutest kid there--really, I promise I'm not being completely partial and irrational about him--which I am, but not about this of course!
Post a Comment