Friday, September 12, 2008

Fire Truck!

Mom and Dad were in town last weekend so we went to Pepper Place and later Homewood Park. At Pepper Place (a great farmer's market and local artist display), they had an exhibit of cars and trucks, including fire trucks. Josiah wasn't nearly as excited about it as he will be next year at this time probably.

All the excitement wore him out!

More random Josiah details:
He threw up last night. He's only done that once before when he ate yogurt. We don't think it's a virus, just something didn't settle with him. He was in his crib, and I heard him cough and start whimpering, and he couldn't settle back down. So I went to check on him, and sure enough...
It was a little gross, but it was one of those parenting moments. We're responsible for caring for this child who at that moment was struggling and couldn't take care of himself. We can comfort him and help him - it's our job. I felt sick because he was sick. It's hard to explain, but it was one of those sweet moments of parenting to me.

For those concerned with such things, he hasn't dropped his morning nap yet. In fact, it's been longer than normal the last few mornings, and he's still doing his afternoon nap. I think last week was weird because his Dad was home, and why sleep when you can play with your Dad?

I think he's also saying the word "No No."

He loves peanut butter. And I found some creative ways to get him some more iron. Spinach in spaghetti sauce. He doesn't like beans or beef generally, but I made him a burrito with a veggie wrap and refried beans and cheese. He really liked it! I might also add some avocado in the future. And I may need to figure out how to make my own refried beans since the canned variety has loads of sodium.

No comments: