Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Walking

Yes, walking...
Silly Mommy forgot to turn the camera the right direction, but the video is still pretty exciting.



As you can see, Josiah really walked yesterday for the first time. Not just a few accidental steps, but several intentional steps in a row. I was totally not expecting it because we were at the Mountain Brook Library, and I had in my mind that he would start walking at home. Luckily I took my camera because I wanted to blog about how great a library it is.

I can see why he was motivated to walk here. One, there were lots of other little kids around to set the example. Two, there were lots of toys that he has to stand to play with, and they're spaced just the right the distance to encourage a short walk, not too close where he wouldn't have to move or too far that it was hopeless.

Unfortunately, Jonathan was on-call yesterday, so Josiah couldn't show him his new moves. I was exploding, so the poor moms surrounding me were getting the full blast of my excitement. Hopefully we'll get some better shots when I have another set of hands to help me.

6 comments:

Grammy said...

He is soooo darling! XXXOOO

Anonymous said...

He's such a big boy! I can't believe it's just been a year since we stood in that hospital room and welcomed him into the world. Give him a kiss for us and tell him we love him.

Anonymous said...

He can still make it to the Olympics. Track and Field doesn't start 'til next week.

The Hunts said...

gooooooo josiah!

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here crying, I am sure what that must have felt like for you! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome! way cool!!!