I have a tendency to get really excited/evangelistic about things that I'm a fan of. A few past examples: Jesus (everything else should pale in comparison), UNC, barbecue, the South, smoothies, Peeps...
All this is to say, here are a few things that I've been thrilled with lately.

We haven't gotten into too much discipline yet, but reading this was great preparation for the task. Like Shepherding Your Child's Heart, it focuses on getting to the root of the child's behavior - the sinful attitude driving it - instead of merely molding a child's outward manners. She gave lots of real life examples and Scripture references, not just to make her point, but also Bible verses to share with your children when you're instructing them on how to look more like Christ. Highly recommend it to all parents.
The first CD of one our worship leaders from Providence. I love it because 1) it leads me to worship. 2) it reminds of Scripture. 3) it makes me miss Providence (sniff, sniff).
Apparently from Australia, but I saw them on a friend's blog and picked them up a Wal-Mart. Why do I like them? Baked, veggie-flavored, low in sugar and salt. They have been a lifesaver for car trips and grocery store trips. The crackers are long (as long as you don't break them; they are a bit fragile), so I don't have to keep popping them like Cheerios.

- Don't Make Me Count to Three! By Ginger Plowman

We haven't gotten into too much discipline yet, but reading this was great preparation for the task. Like Shepherding Your Child's Heart, it focuses on getting to the root of the child's behavior - the sinful attitude driving it - instead of merely molding a child's outward manners. She gave lots of real life examples and Scripture references, not just to make her point, but also Bible verses to share with your children when you're instructing them on how to look more like Christ. Highly recommend it to all parents.
The first CD of one our worship leaders from Providence. I love it because 1) it leads me to worship. 2) it reminds of Scripture. 3) it makes me miss Providence (sniff, sniff).
- Baby Mum-Mum
Apparently from Australia, but I saw them on a friend's blog and picked them up a Wal-Mart. Why do I like them? Baked, veggie-flavored, low in sugar and salt. They have been a lifesaver for car trips and grocery store trips. The crackers are long (as long as you don't break them; they are a bit fragile), so I don't have to keep popping them like Cheerios.- Bloglines.com
I think I was late in cluing in to this, but it consolidates your blogs, so you can just check one page and see who has updated recently. Great for me who has number friends who rarely update their sites. The one drawback is it doesn't work on private/password-protected sites. "Saves" me lots of time, as if checking blogs were the most productive use of my time. - Jefferson County Public Libraries
I've blogged on them before, but since having a child, I have a new appreciation for them. I went to a free music program this summer at one of them. It's a great place to go on a rainy day. Josiah gets fresh toys and books and gets to look at other kids play. Plus, there are several within a 15-minute drive of our house. Lest you were concerned about a Josiah-free post, here are some pictures:

2 comments:
Oh I'm excited about the "Don't make me count to three" book. I'll have to check that out. Miss you!
After reading your blog about "Don't Make Me Count to Three", I ordered the book for my daughter. Our Anna Claire will be two in October and she's really starting to assert her independence and push the boundaries. I hope this book will help her handle some of those difficult situations.
Allan's cousin Susan
Post a Comment