Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Path of Destruction

I'm sure all the experienced parents out there giggled at me when I set up one set of drawers as a "Josiah area" in the kitchen. Well, he quickly moved on to other areas, all of which I've been childproofing, but it's always a disaster afterward.

My logic is that it's no different than cleaning up after his toys, so as long as everything is safe and not too messy, then I'd rather not fight a battle. I do have "no" zones too: the baker's rack, the oven, the refrigerator, and our bookshelves. I do let him take down his own books from his shelves though, which he does probably at least once a day.

The problem now is he's gotten taller or more ambitious because he can reach that third shelf.
Are the parents still laughing at my naivety? Is this going to come back to bite me?

No comments: