This was weekend for reunions. My 10-year high school reunion was this weekend, and although I didn't attend the official shindig, I had the opportunity to visit with lots of old friends.

Kelly (Gregorio) Pfeiffer, who I've been friends with since the fourth grade (almost 20 years!), came in town from Colorado for the reunion. She stayed with us at Mom and Dad's house. It was so wonderful and heart-warming to spend time with her and have her get to meet Josiah. Between Josiah-chasing sessions, we got to have some really wonderful talks.

Kelly bonding with Jo-Mo.

Thursday night, a bunch of RUMC youth peeps came over to visit: Katie, Lindsay, Kelly, me, Carrie-Anne and the munchkin at the bottom is Selah. Lindsay had recently returned from the far-off land of North Dakota, where she was attending linguistics "camp," so we got to hear about her exotic travels. Kim and Richard Lowenthal, and Ryan and Susan came over to visit too.

Friday night we had "first dinner" with Matt and Michelle Parker, and their cutie little girl, Kayla. Matt's a buddy from the youth group days too, and we never get a chance to hang out. Kayla and Josiah had a great first date, but I'll post more on that later.
Out of the blue, we also bumped into the Gordons and the Whaleys - a fun surprise!

For our "second dinner," we headed downtown and met some high school friends: Katie, Kristin, Valerie and Melissa. Kelly was taking this picture, but she was there. Valerie even brought me a birthday cake! How nice is she? It was awesome to get to catch up with gals and reminisce about our Milton days.
(Mom and Dad watched Josiah a ton during the weekend. I felt very footloose!)

Saturday afternoon, we met up with more Milton alums: Janet, Nadine, Anna and Amy. More memories and laughing. We had a pretty jam-packed schedule, but it was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment