Thursday, March 13, 2008
Every Little Thing He Does Is Magic
I know I'm just marveling at how the child's mind develops, but some days Josiah seems like a genius to me. I'm amazed when he figures out something new. Here are a few examples.
He can read! OK, he can't read (but did anyone see the little girl on the Today show who could read at 13 months?!? Ridiculous), but he can turn the pages, which I think is so impressive.
This was a tricky shot too, but I was trying to illustrate him with this drawer. We keep our bibs, socks and hats in here, so whenever I go to get one, he gets really excited. He grabs on to the drawer immediately and rolls it back and forth, very proud of himself.
He's already playing with these rings (another toy labeled for 2+.We took of the top ball because he could probably stick that entirely in his mouth, but rest is good). He can't put them on the base, but he's really good at taking them off. Either one at a time (as pictured above) or the more effective dumping method (seen below).
This was just a sweet smile. I find it funny that his favorite part of this toy is the bag, not the stuffed bugs inside. Or even better the label on the bag.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Aren't they amazing? This morning I heard Phillip count the tractors he had lined up, "ooonnneee, twoooo, THREE!" I don't know who was prouder, me or him!
he reads, plays the piano and likes to pack things away - hey ....i'd say we need that boy on the news!! the smartest child thus far ;) - he's so cute!
is his dissertation going to be ready for us to read next week?
Was she 13 months!!? I kept telling everyone 18! I've got to get my facts straight! Of course that is even more amazing!
Ooh, I think I saw Jonathan in that pic with the bib, etc., drawer. How precious is he. Be sure to write down all the things you want to remember. You cannot imagine ever forgetting a single thing he does, but on comes the next stage and that becomes the "most wonderful" stage and the previous ones kind of slip away. Isn't it just amazing to watch them change, grow, and learn on a daily basis???? And to think some folks do not believe in God--isn't that just amazing that anyone could not realize how divine life is after having their own baby. Love to all.
Sherry
Post a Comment