Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ruffner Mountain Hike

Jonathan has had this week off, so we've been trying to do some fun family things, but also keeping it very relaxing for him. We planted our garden and some flowers in the front. We considered going camping, but realized that would be a little bit complicated with a baby. So we decided to a do a miniature camping experience at Ruffner Mountain. It's only about ten minutes away (when you have the right directions).

I think he likes it!

Jonathan doesn't like to use the Bjorn for hiking, or a stroller, and we don't have a backpack, so we just carry him. Which puts Josiah in some interesting positions...



We made it to the quarry, which is the highlight of the hike. We liked this trail because it was very quiet and undiscovered.

Yes that's me and the boy.

Here I'm showing him how to eat a rock. OK, I was trying to prevent him from eating it, but it looks like I'm feeding him.

Jonathan taking the road less traveled.


Showing the boy some flowers.

Our plan was to hike and then make a campfire and cook hot dogs and smores, but it rained after we got back from the hike. So we came home, put Josiah down for a nap and had our own picnic on our back porch.


3 comments:

kristen said...

He's such a big kid, you'd probably love an Ergo or a Beco, and we do have a few in the Magic City Slingers lending library if you want to give it a whirl...

Josiah said...

ooo...I didn't know you guys had a lending library. I really need to make it to one of the meetings these days.

kristen said...

Yes, we've got a fair number of nice slings, too. People seem to be satisfied with it! It's $20/year for borrowing privileges (the only thing you have to pay for at MCS) so we can buy more slings.

We are meeting this week... just FYI.