Josiah has been doing great with solids! He really likes his rice cereal and even seems to get excited when he sees it coming. I'm really glad we waited until six months; I don't think he would have taken to it as well earlier.

Watching him eat is so fascinating to me. You can tell he's still a little confused about why I would be taking a picture while he's eating (I certainly didn't used to do that!). Do you like my camera work? I'm holding the camera in my right and feeding with my left. Multitasking is a survival skill for moms.

"C'mon, Mom. I'm a pro at this. I can do it myself."

"See! No problem!"

Mmmm!
Since he downed a large serving at two separate feedings yesterday, I decided we could move on to the next food...

Sweet potatoes! And yes, I made it myself and mixed with a little b milk. My dad loves to tell the story of my mom trying to make me baby food and how I tossed it back at her. But this batch turned out OK. B milk is a good natural sweetener.

His face during the first bite was priceless. "What is this stuff?" Kinda grimace and curiosity mixed. I wouldn't say he loved it, but he finished the bowl.

Our high chair is so colorful! We've now entered a new phase of baby messiness. (And yes, I know this isn't even the worst of it.) I learned that the spit-up is also colorful.
1 comment:
ahh... the joy of solids! we waited 6 mos with abby as well, and it went very smoothly! here's a tip to save some outfits and laundry... pick out your ugliest cloth bib and designate it as the "underneath" bib. then use a vinyl bib over it. then, as the messy solids slide under the vinyl bib at the neck (which they inevitably do), they won't stain the collar of every outfit with carrots or sweet potatoes, but instead will land on the underneath bib. i think we had 3 underneath bibs with abby and by the time i realized how well it worked, i had already spent lots of money on stain remover!! :) enjoy this stage... it's so fun! our little josiah is still nursing and several months from solids... i'll be looking for all your new tips! :)
Post a Comment