Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Second Beach Attempt

Forgive my poor geography, but I was totally clueless about the fact that Boston was so close to the water, which made flying into Logan airport a frightening experience (water, water...where is the land, very close to landing, where is the land? Phew!).
When I think beach, I just don't think Massachusetts. It was surprisingly beautiful to see all the boats and beach towns. Oddly though, I do associate seafood, which we enjoyed Saturday night - fried clams and fried haddock. We headed to the ocean to see if Josiah would like the beach this time. He kept asking "bea? bea?" and seemed excited, so I thought it would work out this time.

Aunt Rachel brought the sand to him, trying to gradually warm him to the idea. He giggled, but was also slightly wary.

Uncle Parker attempted to put his feet on the beach. He'd just cling to whoever was holding him, saying "na, na. na, na."

He seemed to be OK with the general scenery, as long as his feet did not touch the sand. And he definitely didn't break down like last time.


My attempt to put his feet down. I was able to place them there for a minute, but he was climbing up on me.



Cutest aunt and uncle picture ever, right?

He really loved riding on Parker's shoulders.

By the way, we were blessed with two absolutely gorgeous days. Coming back to Birmingham was like walking into an oven.

2 comments:

Drew and Leslie said...

You're also very close to Maine in Boston! When we were there we drove up and saw some more beautiful scenery and can now saw we've been to Maine (and New Hampshire!):-)

Pa Page said...

"One if by land, two if by sea..."
The first time I flew into Boston was about the time you were born, (exactly 29 years ago tomorrow) and I had the same feeling only there was a DC-10 in the water at the end of the runway.
And yes, that is a great picture of Parker, Rachel, and Josiah. A candidate for the famous Christmas card from them.