Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Trip to Boston

Josiah and I hopped on a plane to see Parker and Rachel in Boston. It was a much-needed trip, and I'm still cherishing some great memories were able to make in a short amount of time. Josiah grew quite fond of Pa-er and Z (I think it's his attempt at the "ch" sound in Rachel). He's still asking about them. I've got tons of pictures, so I'll have to break up my posts.

We arrived early Friday afternoon. Rachel and Parker got to see Josiah's love for sauce at lunch at Chick-fil-A. Then we drove around the North Shore, while Josiah dozed in the car. We hung out at their place that evening.

Parker entertained Josiah while Rachel made us a yummy dinner. He read him The Little Engine That Could, appropriate given it was one of our favorites as kids.


Aunt Rachel has his birthday present behind her back.

Here he is opening his birthday present early.

They gave him a cool train whistle.

And the cutest conductor hat and scarf. How cute is he? I think we know what he'll be for Halloween!

He couldn't figure out how to blow on it himself, but he was really tickled when everyone else did.

He liked twirling Aunt Rachel's hair too. It's his soothing thing: he twirls my hair, his own hair...most of the time when he's sleepy or upset.

3 comments:

The Hunts said...

aw. we called that "diddling". Austin was a diddler. Treasure the self soothing techniques. They fade with time.

Mimi said...

Yeah! The blogging continues!!! We missed you. Happy Anniversary to you, too!

Pa Page said...

He was upset because he knows that is not a conductor's hat - it's and engineer's hat. But it's really cute on him.