Thursday, June 11, 2009

Smorgasbord

Here's a collection of random pictures and videos from the past few weeks.

We had our last day watching baby Alexis before we left for vacation. Josiah will miss having all those fun toys around. He actually got upset when I'd put Alexis in the Bumbo!


We were at Wal-Mart with Erin getting free ice cream, and there were two fire trucks outside. We hit the jackpot! One of the firemen said we could look inside. Josiah was very fascinated.

Jonathan and Josiah were hanging out while I was working on the computer. I heard some serious giggling, so I had to check it out. Jonathan discovered Josiah can balance himself on the counter top.


The other night we broke out the baby pool again and positioned the slide so it went into the pool. Talk about raising the fun quotient! Afterward we ate on the back porch: hot dogs, broccoli salad and baked beans. Summer time indeed.

This video is from our lunch with Uncle Rusty and Aunt Marisa. It's a good glimpse into the hilarity of Uncle Rusty.



Here is a sweet one of Nana reading to Josiah. I love seeing his reactions; I'm normally the one reading to him, so I don't get to see his face.



Here's Josiah saying "Sweet." Random words he's learned recently: awful, axes, Google and peace. He learned "peace" after hearing part of President Obama's Cairo speech broadcast on NPR. Seriously.




4 comments:

The Hunts said...

I love the way he cut his eyes at you in that last video.
So, your kid listens to NPR. Perhaps I should rethink the incessant "wheels on the bus" chorus my two were chanting today.

Nana said...

"Sweet" is that baby's voice and face!

Pa Page said...

Great pictures. Peace is a good word to learn early. When he was watching Obama did he learn to say "debt?"

The Hunts said...

Why did wal mart have free ice cream?