Saturday, June 27, 2009

Living Room Makeover

Notice anything different in our living room? Mom picked up the brown sofa for a steal at the charity where she works. We were hesitant for a while because we weren't sure it would look right, but now that it's here we really love it. So we saw farewell to my grandmother's 50+ year couch. Mom and Dad also recently redid their living room furniture and brought over the yellow chair, which is so cushy and comfy. Last Christmas, Mom also got us the end table with the a two-layer cover. The top didn't look right with the navy couch and plaid chair, so we just used the plain layer. But with the new furniture, the floral cover looks perfect. Thanks, Mom, for a beautiful new remodel!
Since I know that's way more info than most of needed about our house decor, I made Josiah model with the new look. He thought his toys were a nice touch.

Josiah also got a bit of living remodel (considering that's where he normally plays). I picked up this Little People bus at a yard sale, and Josiah LOVES it. In the past few months, he's really gotten into playing with characters (dogs, people) and making them interact with his cars and trucks. It's cute to see him be creative.

For my memory bank, a good part of my day is spent watching him roll these vehicles. He's very insistent that I (or whoever is in the room) affirm what he's doing or saying. So he says "ackum", "da", "choo-choo,"ma" or "babay" about 50 times a day. That's truck, car, train, man and baby respectively, for those not familiar with Josiah's lingo. Sometimes he gets upset if he says "ackum," but I don't say specifically what kind of truck (cement, fire, semi, etc.). He does have a different word now for bulldozer and backhoe in his books. He also specifically remembers a certain set of cars were given to him by Mimi. He says Mimi each time he plays with them.

2 comments:

Drew and Leslie said...

Looks awesome! I wish I could be there to try each new piece of furniture out for myself.:-)

Nana said...

Where is HGTV when we need them!?