Monday, June 08, 2009

Girls' Weekend

I was so blessed this weekend to have my college buddies Megan and Susan come in town for the weekend. We were all in InterVarsity together, and they were in our wedding. Susan, of course, ended up marrying my cousin, so I get to see her much more often. Megan lives in Nashville, so it was a real treat to have her in town.
Saturday morning we had banana sour cream pancakes and fresh pineapple. Then we headed to Pepper Place, our local farmer's market. I think we're sampling pepper jelly here.

There are lots of dogs at Pepper Place!

We picked up some fresh veggies at the farmer's market and headed home, so Josiah could get a nap. While he slept, we grilled the veggies and made yummy pita sandwiches with grilled zucchini and onions, fresh tomatoes and basil, and pepper jack cheese. Yum! And we grilled peaches and ate blackberries too.
After lunch we headed to Homewood. Josiah patiently endured us looking through endless froo-froo stores, so we took him to Soho Sweets and Homewood Park afterward.

The whole gang. Josiah loved all the extra attention, and I enjoyed the extra hands!
Meg's holding the picture-taker's balloon and Josiah wanted a piece. You probably can't tell by the picture, but Susan is almost 20 weeks pregnant! They find out the gender next week!

Looking at the water "fall" - uh oh!

Sunday morning we met up with Kristen and her girls for lunch. You've seen Kristen, Kate and Lexi on the blog before, but we rarely get the whole group together. Kate actaully took this picture - so talented!

And Lexi took this one.


Josiah and the girls had lots of fun playing together.


They're really sweet on him.


2 comments:

Nana said...

What a fun weekend! That Sat. lunch sounds too yummy!! In that picture of Kristen, she looks a little like Carrie Anne.

The Hunts said...

Josiah better watch out for those older women! Too cute!
I think you told me Susan was pregnant, but I must have forgotten. How exciting!!!