Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Toddler 24 Hours

Josiah has shown some distinct toddler/Terrible Two symptoms in the last 24 hours. Granted, he's been a little under-the-weather and tired, but still...

  • He learned the word "mine" last night. Dun dun dun.
  • He had several kicking temper tantrums and two time-outs.
  • He's been full-out running outside.
  • He used the big-boy swing at the park! I thought I'd let him try, but figured he wouldn't like it. He fell off twice, and after both times signed for "more" swing. He held on for a long time and didn't want to stop. The 9-year-old beside him kept jumping off, and he looked like he wanted to give that a try too!
This isn't in the last 24 hours, but I wanted to remember it. He started this habit when playing around other children, especially more passive children, of snatching toys. Of course, I corrected him and told him he needed to ask if he could play with a toy or wait until the child was done playing with it. After that I would see him still snatching the toys, but when he did it he would always do his sing-song "thank you!" At least he's polite about his selfishness. (Don't worry. I'm working on correcting that too.)

2 comments:

PA said...

Showing all the signs of becoming a Wall St. banker. I know he doesn't watch TV.
I am confident that he will get the right guidance.

Mimi said...

Thanks for your help in figuring out the new site! Love you!