Thursday, May 07, 2009

Botanical Gardens Outing

The Birmingham Botanical Gardens seems like special occasion kind of place, but I don't see why. Maybe because everyone goes there to take portraits. It was sunshiney the other day, so I decided to go there just because.

We went to the Japanese section and saw the geese and huge goldfish and turtles. This was exciting for Jo-Mo because he can say "goldfish" and learned to say "geese" (which sounds like "please", which sounds like "cheese").

A family that was there at the same time brought saltines to feed the animals and let Josiah have one to participate with too. He doesn't get the whole sharing thing much anyways, nevertheless sharing with an animal. So he stuffed the cracker in his mouth and looked at me like I was crazy throwing pieces to the fish.

This was his favorite part, throwing gravel over his head. If he'd been throwing it on other people, I would have corrected him.

I don't know how he sits on his haunches like that, but he does it all the time.

Airplane!


I know it's a little close-up of the nose hairs, but his smile is so cute.

Post-airplane siting. He always follows airplane with "whoosh shhh" flying noises.

At the fountain, getting wet after the visit!

3 comments:

Nana said...

What a little boy!! Everything he's doing is so"little boy"!!

The Hunts said...

laura leigh he doesn't look like a baby anymore! he looks like a "boy". sniff. that was quick.

Megan Shirley said...

Call us anytime you want to go and we are in. Ford loves to run around and explore there and at Aldridge.