Saturday, May 10, 2008

This past week...

Josiah has morphed dramatically. From a baby to a crawly, exploring little boy. Actually it seemed like it was overnight. Jonathan had two overnight calls this week, and when he came back from both I told him, "Our son changed while you were gone."

Here's what I'm talking about:
  • He's full-out crawling now. Hands and knees, turn around and he's somewhere new. He's also moving to a sitting position unassisted and pulling up often.
  • He STOOD independently for several seconds. (This is not it, but a cute picture nonetheless).
  • His hair is getting so long we have to start parting and combing it.
  • He's starting eating our table food. I was holding him while making mashed potatoes (what can you do one-handed?) and gave him some of the boiled, pre-mashed version. He enjoyed that. I had also set aside some yellow squash that I planned to steam and puree. Jonathan gave it to him raw and he gnawed on a pretty big chunk.
  • Instead of taking wobbling steps when we "walk" him, he goes into a run. He makes pretty good time!
  • He "spoke" his first word. He definitely is communicating in sign language for "milk." No surprise this was his first.
What happened to my baby?!? Welcome to the next season!

PS Loads of Mother's Day pictures coming next.

3 comments:

The Hunts said...

does milk mean milk, or mommy?

Josiah said...

In his case, it means milk from mommy. The sign looks like you're milking a cow, which is a little insulting. We do a different sign for drinking from a cup.

The Hunts said...

you know there are days when i feel a little like dairy cattle. perhaps the sign is accurate on those days.