Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Welcome to the World, Josiah

It's been such a whirlwind of emotions over the last 40 hours that it's hard to believe that Josiah was just born yesterday. All of your prayers, posts and e-mails are such a blessing - thank you, thank you! I won't post too many details in the post because I'm really tired, but here are some pictures of our precious little guy.

Here is a few minutes after breathing air for the first time. His hair looks blond/red here, but it's actually more light brown.
Here he is post-eyedrops.

With a very happy mommy and daddy.

Did I mention we were happy?

He's sucking on my finger here. Minus being able to nurse, it's my next favorite thing.
Despite my rugged look in these pictures, I really had a pretty easy labor and delivery. We had four hours with him before they whisked him to the NICU.

We have some better pictures of him cleaned up, but unfortunately he has all the tubes running out of him, so it doesn't accurately portray how cute he is. Will post tomorrow.

4 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

Girl you don't look rugged - you look radiant! He is so big! You go momma you growed him good!

Y'all look so wonderful together as a family. How is Josiah? Is he out of the NICU yet?

I know you're exhausted. Easy delivery or not - recovery stinks.

Can't wait to talk to you!

Natalie said...

I can't imagine he could be any cuter! I guess I'll have to wait for some more pictures, but he is just adorable in these ones! Congrats!

Cutch said...

You look great LL!!! and what a precious little boy! you better post more pics soon.

Rockie said...

YAY!!!! He's beautiful and what a great name!!!I think he kinda looks like Jonathan. You both look like you're glowing. We will keep praying for you!!! Thanks for posting pics!

P.S. Thanks for the grammar check! (wink wink)