I walked on the treadmill today with high hopes. And it's raining here, and I recently spoke to a former labor/delivery nurse who said they used to have a high volume of deliveries coinciding with thunderstorms.
And apparently Jonathan's sarcasm in the last entry was hard for some to decipher (I agree that his serious nature vs. dry humor is hard to read sometimes). He was indeed kidding about inducing that day, but we're growing less opposed with each day.
Here are a few other interesting facts from my Baby Center e-mail this week:
- You're 14 percent more likely to give birth on a Tuesday than on any other day of the week — and least likely to deliver on the weekend.
- Why does labor begin?
What starts labor is one of the great mysteries of medicine. "That's a Nobel prize-winning question," says Dr. Mark Taslimi, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto, California. One current theory is that stress hormones are released from the adrenal gland of the baby, which creates chemical changes in the placenta that cause the muscle of the uterus to develop involuntary contractions that turn into labor, he says. These regular, frequent contractions and the resulting opening of the cervix signal that labor has begun.
6 comments:
I can't wait!!!! keep posting pictures as much as possible... we miss seeing you!
Laura Leigh! We just found your blog... and bookmarked it to ours! It looks like you all are doing great in AL! How I remember the dreadful feeling of our due date coming and going... and then Abby not arriving until a week after she was due! Of course we went in for an induction and I was already 4cm and having contractions (but didn't even realize it) so they skipped the induction and just broke my water instead! We're praying for a safe delivery and a healthy little boy for you guys! We still remember the sweet shower you organized for us in our LIFE class... and the yummy dinner you brought when Abby was born (she'll be 2 next month!). I hope you have people there lined up to bring meals... although your frozen cooking sounds really good as well! Take care and we'll be praying! love, Amy Combs (PS...we're expecting our 2nd in Nov... a BOY this time!)
Hi Amy! I totally remember you coming into church that Sunday, and we were like "You're still here?" Congrats on the new little one! How exciting! What is your blog site? I didn't know you guys had one.
our site is jacombs.blogspot.com
just think...any day now you'll be able to hold your sweet little boy in your arms! it's an amazing thrill!
Okay, today is Monday! Any baby now! I hope so! I love your nursery. It looks beautiful and VERY Martha Stewartish.
um. you haven't posted. are you a mommy yet?
Post a Comment