
Here are some pictures of Josiah in the NICU. The tube in his mouth looks dramatic, but it really just dumps food directly into his stomach, since one of the main concerns with his quick breathing is the possibility of him aspirating when he eats by mouth.

Nurse Jane holding him up to burp him.

With Josiah being in intensive care, we've been celebrating the "little things." For example, I got to change his diaper for the first time yesterday. During the same visit the nurse suggested that give him a finger to suck. He went crazy on it, and it made me so happy I made Jonathan take a picture. Last night was sweet too because he was awake, but not crying, just looking at us with these beautiful dark eyes and making these adorable sounds.

His white board at the NICU.
4 comments:
Hey guys.. he's so handsome! :) Just wanted to encourage you while he's in the NICU... we've so been there and had to leave the hospital without our little one. It's hard, but God will provide! I did want to encourage you with nursing... when Abby was in the NICU I wasn't able to nurse her either b/c of all the tubes and IVs and such, but, the nurses encouraged me to pump every 3 hours. I didn't get much, but pumped away! By the time we had her back in our arms I was able to nurse her... and my milk had come in! It was a challenge at first, but my mom was a real encouragement and after a few days we got the hang of it! I nursed Abby until she was 18 months old and I was pregnant again! We'll be praying that God will allow the nursing experience to happen as soon as he's out of the NICU... and we're praying his breathing will slow quickly so you and Jonathan will have him in your arms again soon!!!
He is so cute! (I think he looks like Laura Leigh.... but it's so hard to tell at this age!) I'll be praying that his breathing rate comes down and ya'll can take him home soon.
He is SO precious. What a cutie!
Amy, thanks so much for that encouragement! He seems to still have a great sucking reflex, so I'm praying he'll keep that.
Danielle, I think he looks a little like me too, but I agree it's hard to tell at this age - except for Bennett who continues to look so much like her daddy. He's definitely got Jonathan's eyes and height so far.
Post a Comment