Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm Sorry, Mom!

For being born in August in the South. I now understand that this is no easy task to be nine months pregnant in blazing hot temperatures.

Yesterday I ventured to run errands in the 100 degree heat. I was really just running errands...hurrying from one air-conditioned facility to another, but it still took it out of me. I like to do my errands in one fell swoop, but I think in this heat I should space them out. I was smart and packed a 32 oz. Nalgene of water...and drank half of it before I left the driveway.

While out buying stamps, the man in front of me in line at the post office commented, "You sure picked a time to be pregnant!"

As if I, or my baby, had made a concsious decision to do this. But I do understand the sentiment now.

I was born in August, my mom born in early September, and my baby any day now...the cycle continues...
(And no this is not a subtle reminder about my birthday - promise.)

1 comment:

The Hunts said...

Bless your heart. I feel your pain! Selah was't too bad, but being pregnant with Phillip it felt like it was hot all the way until November. Just be glad this is your first and there is not toddler to chase. Make a concious decision to AVOID august for that one. :)