Friday, August 24, 2007

The Day Has Come

Well, our due date has arrived, and the waiting game begins (OK, it's already begun). We were out at a social last night and received the normal "When are you due?" question. It was very strange to reply "Tomorrow."

Here is an e-mail conversation from Jonathan and I yesterday that pretty much epitomizes it.

Hey honey,
Get that baby out! Do some jumping jacks or something.

If you haven't got him born by tonight, the dinner is from 6-10. I imagine we'll go a little after 6 and then go to St. Vincent's to get you induced.

Love you,
Jonathan

I think I might have had a contraction about an hour ago. I'm doing the best I can ;)
Pizza then labor - sounds like a date.

Love you,
LL

Disclaimer: Jonathan doesn't not actually believe that jumping jacks will medically induce labor.

7 comments:

Brad said...

Laura Leigh!! Great to hear from you :) I've bookmarked you and Jonathan. Thanks for boldly coming forth from the shadows. Wow, a baby! And TODAY! Love the humor in this post; thanks for the update and CONGRATS!!!

Carrie Anne said...

Have you looked online to see all the things that CAN induce labor??? I ate two whole pineapples with Phillip , but I think the thing that did the trick with both was IHOP. I ate at IHOP within 24 hours of giving birth to both Phillip and Selah. My neighbor swears by Golden Corral. DO NOT TRY CASTOR OIL - besides the fact there is some evidence it can be bad for the baby... it is truly the nastiest experience in my life... twice over.

Josiah said...

CA, you crack me. I'm not sure that IHOP has more medical validity than jumping jacks. But there is one just down the road...

Jonathan said...

I heard the key is to roast a cucumber with ketchup. And then eat it whole.

Carrie Anne said...

do you know how bad the heartburn from that would be???

Erin said...

At Maggiano's Little Italy in Dunwoody, they have a "wall of labor" of sorts - it's full of the names of women that went into labor after eating their eggplant parmigiana. So maybe give that a try? So excited for you! The nursery looks beautiful. If I were a baby, I would want that to be my room : ).

Josiah said...

Erin, that's funny that you mention that. Parker, Rachel, Mom and Dad were down a couple of weeks ago and threatened to bring me some of that eggplant parmigiana. I did go to the Farmer's Market today and was tempted to buy some eggplant.

And hi Brad! I'm glad that I decided to say hi on your blog. Looking forward to hearing about the adventures in Chile.