Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Did I Forget to Mention...

that we're expecting Baby #2 in June?

Most people probably have heard the news, but we thought we should do an official announcement. I'm almost 18 weeks along, and we find out January 19 whether we're having a boy or a girl.

Our due date is June 10. This will be interesting considering Jonathan finishes residency June 30, and we'll be moving shortly afterward to his new job, and we'll be trying to sell our current house. God's timing is perfect, and we know He'll work everything out.

How have I been feeling? First trimester was a little rough. With Josiah, I felt nauseous most of the time, but didn't get sick very often. With this pregnancy, I didn't feel the constant nausea, but a wave would hit and I'd have to be sick. Josiah can now do a great impression of Mama throwing up. Jonathan taught him when Mommy's sick to go over and just pat my leg or shoulder. Whenever he heard me, he'd come running, saying "Mama sick?" Sometimes he got tired of it ("No get sick Mama"), but most of the time he did well. All the sickness has faded with the second trimester.

It's been so encouraging to see Josiah around babies lately. He's really sweet to them, patting heads or arms gently or snuggling them. We have a big brother book we read him. He was actually the one to share the news with his grandparents. We rehearsed him: We said "Josiah, what do you want to tell ___?" Sometimes he'd say, "Our news." But then he'd say, "Baby in Mama." We know he'll be a great big brother. He'll definitely have lots of transitions at once: new brother/sister, new house/city, maybe preschool, maybe potty training. We could definitely use your prayers!

We have a new doctor and will deliver at a different hospital this time around. We were pleased the last time, but switched for insurance reasons. Several people have had good experiences at this hospital, and we like our doctor a lot.

Are we hoping for a boy or girl? Jonathan is fine either way, now that he's got a boy. Mama's hoping for a girl. Partly for the cute clothes, partly because I like the idea of having one of both. I definitely know this time that boys are fun, so I'm not scared of the possibility. What do you think? I set up a survey at the side of the blog so you can vote!

I started feeling some movement last week. I also started wearing maternity clothes because they're just way more comfortable. I CAN still wear regular, but I feel very chubby when I do.

5 comments:

Drew and Leslie said...

Yay for the blog announcement!:-) I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl. Now we need some preggo pictures!

The Slagleys said...

We are so excited for you guys, Josiah will truly be a gentle and sweet big brother!

Tara said...

Congratulations Moseleys!!! I know that there is one set of very excited grandparents here in Wake Forest, I'm sure!!!

Katie Wigton said...

Josiah is going to be such a great big brother! He's such a sweetie! Congrats to a wonderful family!

Jamie and Blake said...

congrats again and yay for girls! i hope so!!!