Friday, October 30, 2009

Our Mountain Getaway

Jonathan flew up to meet us in Raleigh on Monday (though it was supposed to be Sunday night. Poor thing missed his connection and had to spend the night in Atlanta. Luckily we have some nice accommodations available there.) After that, we drove for a job interview, then on to Atlanta. We dropped Josiah off with Nana and Pop, and then Jonathan and I headed to the mountains for two days BY OURSELVES. Woohoo!

I don't think we realized how great it was to be able to have a conversation whenever we wanted, read whenever we wanted, sleep whenever we wanted, eat, shower... you get the picture. We love our munchkin, but it was nice to have some time to ourselves.


We rented a cute little cabin in Blairsville, Ga. It was just perfect for us. Here's the porch swing (perfect for that reading I mentioned) and the view from the cabin.

We hiked to Helton Falls. It was nice to go during the week when everything isn't as crowded. There were lots of other hiking places nearby, but we liked this little secluded waterfall.

We had a little "picnic" (of peanut butter crackers and trail mix) on the rock. We had an early dinner at a nearby local place. It was a great little getaway!

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

One day I'd like to meet Mr. Helton and thank him for the great job he did with those waterfalls.

And I'd like to thank Mr. Appalachia too.

That was a great getaway..

Pa said...

Nanna and Pa really enjoyed your getaway too. We learned all the names of Thomas the Train and the CARS characters.

Drew and Leslie said...

You were so close to my old stompin' grounds- like 30 minutes! I'm sure it was fun! Miss you!