Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Long Journey

So Jonathan had this past week off for vacation, but he didn't get the start of the weekend off. I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in my friend Laura's wedding that weekend, so Josiah and I made the 9-hour trek to North Carolina by ourselves. Our strategy: make lots of stops and borrow a portable DVD player from a friend (thanks, Jessie!). As you can tell, Josiah was pretty entranced with Thomas and Veggie Tales.

First stop: we met Elizabeth and Michael Horner at Chick-fil-A in Atlanta. I knew Elizabeth from Carolina and Raleigh in the years after college, so it was really fun to get together and let our boys hang out.


Michael and Josiah are three months apart, but I think they were both to close to nap times to have a lot of interaction. Josiah did give him a hug when we were leaving.

We stopped once in between to run around a McDonald's playground. Then we headed to Charlotte for dinner with Uncle Ronnie, Aunt Gail and Jaclyn. Here's Uncle Ronnie giving some Josiah snuggles and making him laugh. They got tickled over Josiah drinking juice from his fruit cup.

Jaclyn and Aunt Gail. Jaclyn's expecting a little boy, Christian Clayton, in February, so I was really excited to see her baby bump!




No comments: