Friday, March 13, 2009

Full House

One of the reasons my blogging has been a little slower lately is because we have had a full house recently. Last week we got back from North Carolina and started babysitting a friend's two-month-old cutie girl, Alexis. It's just Monday-Friday, from 8ish-1:30ish. It's been an adjustment for all of us. I'm getting back into baby mode - it's a little like riding a bike, I guess - trying to remember all the little tricks and quirks of babies. And I'm figuring out how to care for a baby and toddler simultaneously! I have a renewed respect for all mothers of more than one child. I've been relying on a the sling a lot so we can get outside. I'm also essentially learning how to manage bottles - I never got much practice in that!

Josiah has had a harder time adjusting, but by the end of this week he was doing much better. When Brittnie first dropped off Alexis, I picked her up and Josiah ran to me, asked for "up" and then said "back, back." As in "put the baby back." He's had a few meltdowns, but he's learning how to share his Mama and entertain himself.

(I stole this pic from her mom. Isn't she precious? I just haven't had a time to snap any pictures of her yet.)

Yesterday, our friend Lisa needed help with childcare, so we also watched Silas for the morning, who is a few months younger than Josiah. I think Josiah enjoyed the company. I was anticipating toy-sharing battles, but they did really well. It was a challenge watching three, but God was gracious and everyone did well!

How cute is this?

They both climbed into the chairs on their own and just played together. I had them both in their high chairs for lunch and they'd just "talk" to each other, mimicking each others' baby talk.

Silas isn't walking yet, and we hoped that Josiah will be a positive influence for him in this. Quite the opposite - Josiah starting crawling around to be like Silas. I almost got it on camera in the pic below.

Sharing the push toy. Which Josiah hasn't been interested in in months until someone else used it!

2 comments:

The Hunts said...

you are a brave woman

L-Mo said...

brave...or slightly crazy.