Monday, March 09, 2009

18 Months

Josiah turned 18 months over a week ago, but I've been busy and we just had our doctor's appointment on Friday.

Height: 32.75 inches (50-75%)
Weight: 25. 1 lbs. (50%)
Head Circumference: 18 3/4 inches (50%)

The weight percentage is interesting to me because he always gets comments from strangers about what a big boy he is, but really it's just all in the cheeks.

A few other things for the memory books:
  • I haven't counted his teeth, but he's got a lot.
  • His favorite foods are bananas, grapes, Ritz crackers (I buy whole wheat, so that I can sleep at night thinking he has something nutritious in him), scrambled eggs and goldfish crackers. He really likes all kinds of fruit, but none of the good stuff is in season. He's still not crazy about meat, but he'll occasionally eat some.
  • Favorite toys are anything with wheels and balls. He can spot any car or truck around ("Da! Ackum!" Imagine driving down the highway and hearing over and over.) He does well with his shape sorter too, but we normally direct him to the correct area.
  • He's not really a climber, but is starting to do really well on playground equipment. He prefers to go down stairs standing up, holding on to someone's hand.
  • He still loves books. His attention span for many of them is surprising.
  • He got his first black eye (TV table) and scraped his nose pretty bad (driveway) this month.
  • He can repeat some of the alphabet after us. He loves to sing after we sing, though never the same song.
  • He's doing well with a spoon and fork. Not perfect, but good for a toddler.
  • His vocabulary is growing, but I've lost an official count. I'd say he's picked up a lot more directional words: up, down, out, in, back. Other recent notables: cream cheese (I'm not kidding. hysterical), too cute and of course, calculator.
  • He says "hi" and "bye-bye" to nearly everyone he see in public places. Most people smile and respond, others don't notice. Which is a shame because it's a real day-brightener. He also points out anyone who is wearing a hat.
  • Still goes to bed at 7 p.m. most nights. Wake-ups depend on when he hears Jonathan get up, but anywhere from 6:15-7:30 a.m. We've had some friends put him to bed recently, and they all comment on how easy he goes down. Naps are a different story. I think we've finally moved to just one nap. It has been a very gradual process, and not a particularly fun one. It's a long story, but we may switch back for a few weeks.

No comments: