Friday, October 17, 2008

Engagements

While we were at UNC, I showed Josiah where his Dad asked me to marry him. Josiah thought it was very romantic. We love you, Dad!

Later in the week we met our former neighbors at a local park. When we arrived, I realized it was the same place that my brother Parker asked Rachel to marry him. Josiah thought this place was also very romantic.

Isn't this a beautiful rose garden? That's because it's created and maintained by the always wonderful Witherspoon Rose Culture. Great job, Pikes!

We thought we should visit the place where Dad Page asked Mom to marry him, but err..we couldn't find it. Dad, you'll have to point it out to us the next time we're in Chapel Hill...
(Inside family joke: Mom claims Dad never officially asked her.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a salesman. It was an assumptive close. Maybe she asked me. It was Christmas morning and she got distracted. I used a foreign language. Ah yes, I remember it well.

cyndy said...

If you got coffee at the Franklin St. Caribou, then Josiah also got to visit another Chapel Hill engagement site! wink We got free coffee that entire year every time those baristas were working! ha