The China pictures will take a while to process. In the meanwhile, here are the pictures from Josiah's time with his grandparents. He spent the first week with the Moseleys and the second week with the Pages. He had a blast and has been a great sport, taking all this change in stride. I'm so proud of my kiddo and so happy to be back with him.
This is the picture I'd pull up on our phone to show people in China what Josiah looked like. "Very handsome" they'd say. For the rest of these I'm going to put Sharon's and Dad's comments respectively, because they were there. Getting their updates was one of the highlights of my day!We went to the park with a bunch of moms from our church for playtime and a picnic! Josiah was the youngest--and therefore got the most attention from the bigger girls. They all had a great time. It was 85 degrees, so it was great that he had a hat, sunscreen and a t-shirt. Even if he took a ribbing from about half of the crowd about his choices of color!

Then, Mama called me on the phone!!! How fun! We talked to our Father about her plane trip and the delay. I hope she is with Daddy right now!! I played so hard that I almost fell asleep before Grammy could get me upstairs to my bed. Then...slept so long she had to wake me up to go to school to pick up Aunt Anna. That car pool line was great! So many children to look at everywhere!
Anna played piano with me and I had a bath in the sink before Uncle David came to have supper with me, play with me and help me go to sleep. Uncle David took me upstairs at 7:30 and I happily went to sleep in his arms.
Today I had a friend over! Her name is Chelsea and her grandmother (Sharon's friend) is Debi Pruitt. She is a little older and could do some things faster, like climb up to slide down, but I showed that girl how to ride giraffee and how to get in and out of that car, and especially how to eat lunch! She eats like a bird! I got to play outside a long time again today because the weather is beautiful, and then we went to church to have supper with Granddaddy. That was the highlight of my day. I put away enormous amounts of chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes before Grammy pulled out the "back up" peanut butter crackers, grapes and apples. I would probably still be sitting there eating, but Granddaddy got up, walked away from me and went to the microphone. That was not fun for me so Grammy took me out on the playground with the other children. WOW. I love a playground. Grammy and Anna put my pjs on in the car because I played so hard they weren't sure I could stay awake all the way home--but I did. Glad to get in my bed, though. Nighty-night. I love you, Josiah
Dear Mama and Dada, I am doing well! Just wanted you to know that Grammy is keeping me so busy that I don't have a lot of time to write emails even though I am thinking about you all the time. I got up pretty early this morning to take Anna to band practice (in the dark!). I had baby cereal for breakfast. I know I'm pretty old and sophisticated to eat such stuff, but Grammy and Mimi/Nana were shopping together at Wal-Mart, and they saw that the box claimed lots of iron, so they decided to try it out. Well, even though Grammy had to feed me, I didn't mind because that stuff is GOOD. I even said "um-um." And, as you might know, Grammy likes feeding me. My little open bird mouth melts her heart. I went back to sleep and slept soo long. I did not know that Uncle David was coming over to play with me! After I had been asleep for two hours, Uncle David couldn't stand it any longer, so he got me up. Such good baby loving!! Uncle David played with me and it was great!
Then, we went to the seminary to see Granddaddy. There was some sort of building dedication big deal going on, but the main thing I cared about was that there were a lot of dirt clods that I could play with. Yeah! I ate lunch there. Catered Bar-B-Q isn't bad. After a nap, we went after Anna. I love that girl! She makes me squeal for joy! It was such a beautiful day we all got to play outside for a long time. Some folks from Texas came over to visit before I went to bed so I played with them for a few minutes, but when 7:30 came and Grammy mentioned "Night night time" I put my cars on the floor and reached up to be taken to bed! So sweet. When we got through reading, singing, etc., I reached for the bed and laid down without a sound. Grammy cannot get over how good I am! Of course, you already know that. Another day gone and closer to seeing you again...
This is from rainy Friday at our house. Josiah was stuck indoors most of the day, but he was enjoying this turtle pull toy. He went round and round and round. He is sooo cute!

Sunday breakfast -- Grammy said that it had been a whole week and she had no proof that she was there with Josiah, So Granddaddy took their pic.

This is how we started out our trip to Charlotte. (to switch off with the Page grandparents).
We stopped at Bass ProShop in Concord to kill time and see the moose and the fish. We did not like the moose, but the fish were fascinating!
Transitioning well. This is Mimi/Nana and GP getting me out of Grammy's car. Happy Boy!
We are safe back in Atlanta. Your son has been a perfect little angel on his best behavior. The women at the office were all ga ga. When Joan picked him up,he laid his head on her shoulder. Melted Joan. Attached is a picture of him with two of our class bells. He was fascinated by them.
He is adjusting to the house and loves chasing Sandy and Smokey all over the place. We have put up door barriers all around. The funniest thing was when Pam
would tell Sandy to sit and stay in a firm tone of voice, Josiah would imitate her. Hilarious.
Josiah is doing great. Mall playground. Crawled in and on soft big toys without stopping.
From Nana: He has given his Nana hugs and snuggles and the best grins ever! We showed him pictures of you two and he gave them kisses--on his own, without my prompting, promise.

1 comment:
I miss you, Sweet Boy! And your sweet parents, too!
Post a Comment