Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hurray for Consignment!

My friend Kristen tipped me off to some local consignment sales. I wasn't in need of clothes, but Jonathan and I were thinking that Josiah might benefit from some more advanced toys (since he is nearly six months old now).

I had checked out Babies 'R' Us and realized toys are expensive! It just seemed ridiculous to me, especially considering you're never sure if the child will like them or how quickly they'll lose interest. We hadn't really had to buy any yet because everyone has been so generous. So I perused the consignment sale on the 50% off day, and there were still plenty of fun toys to be found.

A little Mozart in the making...

As you can see by the surroundings, he is really short on toys.

"I am king of these blocks."
The disinterest in playing was shouting "nap time, nap time!"

The truck has balls that pop up when you roll it, and the turtle talks and makes noises.

I came home to Jonathan and said, "Am I a Proverbs 31 woman or what?" All four of these toys together were just $8! The exact same piano was 10x as much at BRU.

2 comments:

amy said...

i agree... consignment sales are THE way to go!!! there's a big one that i found at the fairgrounds in raleigh when i was pregnant with abby, and i STILL make the trek back to raleigh JUST FOR THE SALE twice a year! i probably waste more in gas money than i save with the toys, but i just LOVE the bargains!! :)

kristen said...

Yay for being P31, and yay for getting shout outs on the moeblog. :)