Monday, February 04, 2008

An Encouragement

"He tends His flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in His arms
and carries them close to His heart;
He gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11

Isn't God's Word so rich? I've had this verse underlined in my Bible for years, but I had never noticed the last part. There is always something new and applicable for us, despite how many times we've read it.

I ran across it this morning as I was struggling. God knew just what I needed: He carries me close to His heart, and He gently leads me as a mother. He is good to us.

1 comment:

Cutch said...

I have repeated that verse to the Lord many times when I have asked Him for help and it has been such a crutch for me! I love it when scripture really burrows in our hearts!