Woohoo! Everything looks like it is on track for us to bring Josiah home tomorrow. Tonight we get to spend the night with him, all by ourselves, in a family room at the hospital. A nurse will come in every four hours to take his vitals, but other that we're pretty much on our own with him. The only thing that would really prevent us from coming home tomorrow is if his billirubin levels go up tomorrow or if something should change with his vitals - pray none of this happens!
I got to breastfeed him today, and he took to it like a champ. It was kind of unbelievable - I'm definitely attributing this to all your prayers! Of course the lactation consultant was right there coaching us, so I'm sure every feeding won't be quite this easy, but it was still a very encouraging start.
The blog posts will probably slow down from here as we enter this "real world" parenting. Thanks for all your prayers and support!
1 comment:
I'm so excited for you guys! Praise the Lord the first breastfeed went well. I'll continue to pray for that! We wish we could be there with you all but hopefully we'll come soon. Love you!
Post a Comment