So we went to Haiti, and it was amazing. I'm going to break this down to a few posts because there is so much to tell! We came alongside New Vision Ministries in Montrioux, Haiti. We got connected with them because one of the women from our church is interning with them, and the family who runs it is from Hickory. Kerry Reeves is an optometrist, so he operates an eye clinic, but they have a bazillion ministries: an orphanage with 15 kids, a child-sponsorship program that pays for schooling, an international school, construction projects, English classes, and a neat micro-business ministry that I'll explain in another post.

First, it was wonderful to get to go on this trip together! Hearing Jonathan's experience last year helped prepare me for what to expect. I loved getting to share in this trip with him this time. I was really proud of Jonathan taking the initiative to do a lot of the planning for the trip. He and four from our team did a medical clinic, while I worked with children's and women's ministries.
First, it was wonderful to get to go on this trip together! Hearing Jonathan's experience last year helped prepare me for what to expect. I loved getting to share in this trip with him this time. I was really proud of Jonathan taking the initiative to do a lot of the planning for the trip. He and four from our team did a medical clinic, while I worked with children's and women's ministries.
Clockwise: Abby, Ty, Doug, Ed, Cole, Jonathan, Laura Leigh, Lisa, Lauren, Emily
This is our team, and God totally arranged this group of people. What was truly miraculous was that hardly any of us knew each other really well (beside those of us who were related), but God united us, and we all got along really well. It made the trip go very smoothly. Everyone came with a flexible spirit and willingness to serve where needed. Six of us were from Trinity, Lisa works at Jonathan's office with him, Abby was a friend of Ty's, and Lauren and Emily were friends with Liz, who lives in Haiti. The man in front, Wesnar, was one of our Haitian friends/translators/goofballs.

No comments:
Post a Comment