So before I left I grabbed a package of 380 stickers. My logic was that I would give a couple to each child I met and thus earn their undying affection. The first day I went to the orphanage I thought, "This my chance. They will love me!" Aren't I a selfless missionary? It's all about being liked, right? Well, my plan backfired as they ran through all 380 stickers in about 10 minutes. It was a lot of fun though.

It was a good reminder that kids are kids everywhere you go. They love stickers, bubbles, coloring, balls, balloons, affection, high fives, fist bumps, seeing their picture in a camera... It's nice that so many things cross language and cultural barriers.
It was a good reminder that kids are kids everywhere you go. They love stickers, bubbles, coloring, balls, balloons, affection, high fives, fist bumps, seeing their picture in a camera... It's nice that so many things cross language and cultural barriers.

No comments:
Post a Comment