Josiah has conquered so many of his fears and challenges lately. He finally started pedaling his tricycle last week. We had the Simmons kids over, and I think they helped him realize how fun it is!
Gareth's "trick" was to pedal really fast onto the grass and let the grass stop him. Josiah does this now too (but not quite as fast).
Sweet brother moment.
And the big tricycle, too! Did you know he could ride vertical? What a trick!
This past week he also conquered the his fear of the bounce house! We got invited to a preschool friend's birthday, and she had one. He actually seemed to be having a good time inside. I'm happy for the positive peer pressure.
This is not one of his areas of struggle, but I think he also officially read his first word this week. I've been working on sight recognition of words with him, and when he's being cooperative, he easily follows my request to find the word starting with "c," or I'll point to a word over and over again and then have him find it. But this time we were doing an Eric Carle book where you match the picture of the animal with the written word of the sound it makes. I was flipping through and told him to stop me when he saw the word "meow." I flipped by and he stopped me saying, "That's it!" He did it again with another word, but then he got obstinate when I got too proud of him.

2 comments:
I am so proud of him!! But don't tell him I said so.
What is up with our children getting embarrassed with praise?! ha Ceilidh does the SAME thing when it comes to praise. She immediately shuts down and quits doing whatever we were excited about. Oh, children. wink
Post a Comment