Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Getting Braver

I mentioned in a previous post about how I thought Josiah was on the cusp of some big changes. In the past few weeks, I've been wondering what happened to my timid boy!

This was one of the first big ones. Getting up the "Piston Cup" at our mall playground.

And the little one is just cute.

Here are some other brave things he's done lately:
  • Jumped on a trampoline. He wasn't doing back flips or anything, but he was enjoying himself.
  • Going to the big slide on the playground multiple times without having to be coerced.
  • This isn't a physical thing, but I wrote out some bubble letters on his board the other day and asked him to try tracing them. He didn't whine or refuse, and he did really well.
  • Tried on roller skates.
  • Climbed the climbing wall on a friend's play set

    These are all things that most children his age consider old news, but it's a big deal for him. Sort of a breakthrough. I don't know if it's just confidence with age, or if during most of the instances, there was someone other than myself encouraging him to try it. Jonathan suggested that Josiah may be like his father in that he doesn't want to do something if someone tells him to do it.

No comments: