Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crawdads Open House


Our local minor league baseball team, the Hickory Crawdads, had a fun open house last Saturday. You could run the bases, play games, do a craft, throw baseballs, get your face painted, eat free popcorn and then they capped it with an Easter egg hunt! Josiah ran the bases 5-6 times and touched each base. No ref could call him out on a technicality!

The Morgan family was enjoying the festivities as well. This is the egg hunt, which they did very diplomatically. Kids picked up empty eggs, and then redeemed them for candy at the end. Each kid got the same amount of candy no matter how many eggs they had. It was nice for our younger kids.

The loot. Sorry for the sideways post.

Meeting Candy Crawdad, one of the mascots.

They also had cheap food. I was bringing our hot dogs and fries to the condiment stand and Micah reached down and snatched one for himself. Again, I would have shrieked in horror if I'd ever given Josiah a fry at 9 months old. In fact about a week before this, I'd mentally scolded a mother for doing the same. I always get payback when I scoff at other people's parenting.


No comments: