Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Micah - 8 Months


Micah turned eight months old on Valentine's Day. Boy, do we love this kid!



He's happy in all these pictures, but Micah has had a rough month. I mentioned he had an ear infection at his "well visit." The doctor also heard a wheeze as well. She prescribed an inhaler, but we waited to have it filled to see if it resolved on it's own. It definitely got worse and didn't improve with the inhaler. He was also way sleepier than normal and didn't have much of an appetite. The day he slept literally the entire day on my shoulder, we decided we should get him checked out.


After spending over 2.5 hours at the doctor's office, it turns out he had RSV (respiratory synctial virus), which means he needed nebulizer treatments. It's pretty scary for infants under six months, fairly scary for older infants, and normally not a big deal for older children. It took him a solid week to really recover.


Needless to say, we are really grateful to have our sweet, happy baby back! His smiles and giggles are almost addictive.



He's making new noises and faces, including a rousing motorboat impression.


No crawling yet, but he definitely gets around. He's fitting comfortably in 12 month clothes!


He's doing much better with solids! He's finally tolerating some baby food and loves puffs and bananas. I was truly starting to be concerned he'd never eat.



Sleeping. He's doing great at night, and normally nails one good nap per day, almost always in the afternoon. I can't seem to nail down a good morning nap for him, probably because we're very inconsistent. Oftentimes we're going out in the morning or driving Josiah to preschool. I have a hard time dedicating myself to this cause because the child is quite pleasant without a morning nap. When I do lay him down in the mornings, he cries for over an hour, and it seems counterproductive. He'll often squeeze in one around 11 or 12 so and then again at around 3. So it's not the norm, but as long as he's a happy content child, I might have to be content with it too!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nana and Pa said...

It's really good to see that boy smiling again!