We started solids a week or so ago. He's not a fan of either the rice cereal or bananas, but I fed him pureed pumpkin today, and he seemed to really like it. Maybe he'll be a veggie-man?
He's doing much better with sleeping. Generally he's up once after we lay him down the first time, but before we go to bed (self-imposed dream feed?). Most nights lately he'll sleep until 6-7 a.m. A little crying-out is helping, but we haven't perfected everything yet.
His naps are much longer too, especially while Josiah's sleeping. His morning nap is dicey because we're normally out and about or the environment is not conducive to sleep (aka brother is really loud and fun).
The other thing that's been helping him sleep longer. We've laid him down on his tummy. *Gasp* He's pretty out of the danger zone for SIDS at this point, and he can flip over.
He's sitting up really well and enjoys more of his toys. He's like Josiah in that he loves paper and plastic things. Josiah used to play with my hair while nursing, and Micah does the same. That's a sweet Mommy-memory I'll hold onto forever. He also loves to yank my hair, and boy, is he strong. He actually pulled down the shower curtain rod the other day.
Still doesn't fall asleep in the car seat. He's not miserable there, but he doesn't just lull off to sleep like his brothers, so eventually he gets bored. We've had to get creative with car trips!
Overall he is still sweet, snuggly, smiley, easy-going kid. As long as he's not starving, he does great in the nursery and with strangers.
2 comments:
He is soooo adorable! How did we get so lucky!
I cannot WAIT to get my hands on that baby!!! Nana is right, he is ADORABLE!!! (I hope I put in enough caps and exclamation pts for Jonathan) :o)
Post a Comment