It's been a whirlwind few days, and God's been teaching us a lot. Micah's doing great and really is just in the NICU to receive antibiotics to treat pneumonia. It's a 7-day treatment that has to administered via IV. I'm able to stay in the room with him and nurse him, which has been a big blessing. Jonathan's staying at home with Josiah and doing a great job. I'm able to come home for dinner and sometimes meet them for lunch. It's not been easy, but there have been lots of blessings along the way.

In the RNI (Regional Neonatal Intensive) unit

He's got some really, really long fingernails, thus the scratches on his face.

And yes, he looks a LOT like Josiah when he was born. I guess the second child always gets compared, but he really is quite similar so far.

Micah and Daddy bonding.



Mimi and Granddaddy got to visit Micah briefly in the RNI unit. I know they're looking forward to holding him again soon!

It's hard to say how Josiah's adjusted to being a big brother. He seems excited about seeing Micah, but the circumstances around him have not been easy for Josiah. It was really hard for him seeing his Mama at the hospital, visiting the hospital and then having his Mama gone a lot. Things have gotten better with Daddy home and with me getting to come home for dinner.

How 2-year-olds occupy themselves in hospitals.

Nana and Pa came to take care of him, and he had a great time with his grands. We're so thankful for you guys.


Happy Nana




Here he's saying, "He's gots a new hat."

The first time Jonathan took Josiah to see Micah, Josiah said, "He's dead!" Maybe it was having tubes on him in a hospital. Who knows?

I might have a paci-baby this time. We'll see..
2 comments:
Thanks for the pics. He is beautiful! We're lifting you guys up! Lots of love!
Aww he's adorable. I love Josiah's comments. They are too funny! Paci babies are good! My son has become a major finger sucker-not so good :)
Post a Comment