Josiah hasn't really taken to an attachment object, at least we thought he hadn't. We keep this giraffe in his crib, and apparently they've made friends after spending night after night together. I took the giraffe out of the crib for some reason, and Josiah grabbed him, nuzzled him, tackled him, dragged him around. It was really precious, and he doesn't do that with any other animals.
Speaking of precious. Josiah has started giving kisses and the sweetest hugs. Melt my heart. We saw both the Olive and Moseley great-grandparents this weekend, and he doled them out when asked. He leans in and presses against you and says "mmm." That's the good stuff of parenting right there.
Uncle Parker and Aunt Rachel gave us this book for Christmas.
And it is now my favorite. It goes through different animals and how they say goodnight (fishes kiss, gorillas hug, polar bears cuddle). It took him a few reads to get it, but now Josiah likes to do each of the things we read. So whenever we read this book, we get lots of kisses and snuggles. That's why it's my favorite, and I will stop whatever I'm doing to read this book.
1 comment:
I'm so glad he's gotten into the book ... I'd hoped it would a fun thing for you guys to do together! Give him a hug for us!
Post a Comment