Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Children

I was drawn to every child I saw, and each one reminded me of Josiah. Of course, they looked different, but it was in their curiosity and smiles that I saw my little boy. Instead of making me sad because I missed him, the children reminded me of why I was there. So that they might know that God loves them, that Jesus died for them.

Our pastor has asked us to consider several times, "What if it were your child in a country with no exposure to the Gospel? Wouldn't you want someone here to make the sacrifices so that your child might live?"

Most people know about the one-child policy, but it was interesting to interact with people for whom it was a fact of life. Also, it was extremely common for both parents to work and children to be raised by their grandparents. Most parents have to do this to financially support their families. It made me grateful that I have the privilege and blessing of staying at home with my child and having more than one someday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever you're ready.

L-Mo said...

Yikes. I set myself up for that one!

The Hunts said...

you know what's funny? i think that little baby is resembles josiah in a chinese baby sort of way. maybe it's the expression or something.
glad y'all are home and well. shoot me an email when you have time.