It's been fascinating to watch Josiah's development over the last few weeks. I've been keeping a running list of the words he's picked up. Disclaimer: Many of these are not perfect by any stretch, but we know what he's saying. It's also amazing to me to see him respond to questions and commands such as "Do you want to go outside?" "Give Mom a kiss." "Do you want more?" "Find your shoes."
I'm sure most people aren't too interested, but I want to remember these. I've included a few memories/comments too.
I'm sure most people aren't too interested, but I want to remember these. I've included a few memories/comments too.
- Mama. If I am more than 5 feet away or out of his vision, he starts calling "Mama." Melts my heart everytime.
- Dada
- Hot. It amazes me what he knows is hot. The microwave, stove, my coffee cup. If we put something on his plate that has the possibility of being hot, he puts his hand on it and looks up very seriously. "Hooo..t." Sometimes he blows on it like we do to cool it off.
- No no. Very popular right now. He also has a hilarious head shake to confirm a no. It's more like a whole body shake.
- Book, Ball, Bear. All sound very similar.
- Cheese, Please. Again, very similar.
- Car/Truck=Tackum. Not sure if this counts. Went on a walk around the neighborhood, and he was saying "tackum" every other second.
- Llama. Seriously. In one of his books, L is for "Llama." At first I thought he was saying Mama for the kangaroo with the pouch baby. Jonathan is convinced it's really llama. He also has the Is Your Mama a Llama? book, so he might gotten it in his brain from that.
- Apple, Rock. I have these on the list, but don't recall hearing them recently.
- Toothbrush. He really likes brushing his teeth.
- Banana=Nana, Hair, On/Off, Eye, Drink, Shoes, Hat, Dirt, Trees, Fish, Done
- Animal Noises: Meow, Woof/Arf, Roar (lions, tigers and bears), Baa (Sheep)
- Uh-Oh
No comments:
Post a Comment