Saturday, June 21, 2008

To My Dad...

Mom says that it's your birthday today. I've never had one before, but it seems like a time I should tell you how much I love you.

I knew I liked you from the moment I met you!

Thanks for paying attention to me even when the Tar Heels are playing.

You've found all my good tickle spots.

You always do the most fascinating things.

Thanks for taking me on lots of fun adventures.

And teaching me how to do new things.

Thanks for taking care of me.

And for always having so much fun with me! Nobody throws me around as well as you do!

And you do a great job loving my Mommy. I always see you giving her hugs and kisses.

I love my Dad!


But everything I had to lose
Came back a thousand times in you
And you fill me up with love
Fill me up with love
And you help me stand
'cause I am a family man

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Thank you, little boy. It was a special day.
(And thanks most especially to you, sweet wife.)

Grammy said...

We liked from the moment we saw you, too!
Love and Happy Birthday,
Mom and Dad

Grammy said...

I mean we liked you. :o)

Josiah said...

I (I mean, Josiah) actually made the same exact typo originally. Luckily his editor mom came along to correct it. He normally has perfect grammar for a 9-month-old.