Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Tales from the High Chair

This picture doesn't quite do it justice, but I was trying to capture the grimace that he gives me whenever he tries a new food or one he's not particularly fond of. "Really, is this what I have to eat?"

We started trying to give him a cup. He does pretty well with it and actually enjoys it. He gets excited when he sees it coming. He normally spills half it it down in shirt, but that's par for the course, right?

The trick is trying to avoid him grabbing it, as seen above.

Sometimes he's fussy when he's eating, but he also does a lot of belly laughing from it. When I laugh, he laughs with me. Maybe I just look funny from this angle.

We started using this handy little invention tonight. It's a food feeder, basically a mesh bag with a handle on it. You put some squeezable food in the bag - in this case a banana - and lock it. The baby can suck on the end and squeeze the food out through the holes. Essentially, they make their own baby food.

Despite the fact it was recommended by other moms, I was a little hesitant. I thought that he wouldn't catch on to it or that it would taste too plastic (not that he minds chewing on plastic). But he LOVED it. He was very content and occupied with it. He downed a whole banana through the thing. I think he liked the independence of it. I'm looking forward to trying more foods with it.

No comments: