Question for anyone, but specifically the mommy-readers. I recently became an officer in the JCRMA, which is the resident wives group here. I'm in charge of coordinating events for the "Oh Baby" group. They have a group for toddlers, but this group is more for "lap babies" and really more for the moms or expectant moms to get together and chat. I'd like to have more interactive events, but realize that's limited for ladies with babies.
Past groups have just met at Panera Bread to talk, but I was trying to think of some more creative ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Here are a few I've come up with:
-Mug and Muffin (or some other variation of coffee and pastry) at someone's house
-Walk in a local park or botanical garden
-Visit a consignment sale together
-Kindermusik class
Let me know if anyone has suggestions. I'm also open for ideas centered around holidays.
2 comments:
For Arbor Day, you could dress the moms up as trees. And then dress the babies up as little birds. And then you could go for a walk in a park and throw apples at people. And you would shout at them, "You think it's easy to grow these things?!"
Or for Thanksgiving, you could be Native Americans - the moms would wear moccasins and carry babies in papooses. And you could meet at a pumpkin farm and harvest the pumpkins. And you could all marvel at the abundance of the fields.
Note: Either of these ideas might also work for Halloween.
Post a Comment