Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lately...

Josiah has started to become much more aware of his surroundings. He's actually interested in his activity gym. I've found that he's getting much more out of tummy time when I prop him up on this pillow. He tolerates it a lot longer, lifts his head more and uses his hands and feet more.

Mimi and GP came over for a quick visit.

The changing table is still one of Josiah's favorite places. While Mom and Dad were here, Mom came and knocked on my door early in the morning (Jonathan was on overnight call). Josiah wasn't sleepy, so she asked if she could take him so I could rest. I was still pretty sleepy, so I agreed, but all the while thinking "He'll never make it. He'll need me." I've had this thought for all of the four times I've left him in someone else's care. After a restful two hours, I came out and just I expected, he was destitute....

Look at him...miserable, starving, wailing...
I'm still learning.

Some play time, though Josiah was a bit conscious of the camera. Thanks to Dad again for getting some Mommy shots.

This picture cracks me up because Mom and me are smiling the same way.

I think he's gotten cuter - I didn't think it was possible.


6 comments:

The Blonde Renstroms said...

How cute is that chubby little face?!!! I love it!

The Hunts said...

he looks more and more like your dad. i'm glad you got some rest! there's nothing like the rest you get when they are in your mom's care - i trust her like no one else and i can actually REST when they're with her.

Anonymous said...

Which chubby little face are you referring to?

Anonymous said...

Us bald-headed boys rock.

kristen said...

So stinkin' cute!

We're doing nothing but going to Super Target tomorrow, call me if we can drop by.

Adam and Natalie said...

He is a cutie pie!